Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Long Hard Road Out of Hell...

Is almost over.... Well this is my last entry til I come back from the Challenge. Am I nervous? You bet your sweet ass I am! With the time we've had I couldn't ask for a nicer mare. She'll go far in any direction, I know she will. Her and I have traveled through one hell of a journey. We've bled, been bruised, sore, scared and more, all together. It's slowly breaking my heart as I write this post, I don't think we'll be bringing Acacia back with us, as I already have 4 horses of my own. I'm terrified of who will adopt her and hope they love her as much as I do and always will. I will never forget her and the journey we've spent together. You can't go through this much with an animal and not fall so desperately in love with them. Here's a few more pictures and then I'll post when we get back. Thank you to my family, all of my dear friends, and Acacia. I could never have done this without any of you....

10 comments:

  1. oh, you are her have done a beautiful job together. Don't be too worried about who adopts her and don't lose all your common sense and bring her home. Shes a sweety but someone else needs to love her. I always think its only one more... then my common sense kicks in and I realise one more is one more mouth to feed, one more to find time to ride... anyway, good luck, Acacia will do great, she's a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Tx!

    I wish I could take her off your hands..
    sigh...

    You two will do so great, no matter what, you've got every reason to be proud of what you've accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!

    No matter what happens just have fun with her while you are there. While lots of others concentrated on tricks, Acacia has got a real education that will take her farther in life than knowing how to bow or count.

    Take tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you at the challenge! I agree, it is impossible to not get attached. But, you can't save the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited and sad too. I will miss the pics and updates, but the best thing you could have done to give her a good life has been done. She's well on her way to being a trained horse and that speaks mountains. Solid foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to both of you too. And ditto the comment about bringing tissues...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at the EMM! I was hoping I could make it out, but it just didn't work out :( You've given her a great start, something that some lucky person is going to be very grateful for. I'll miss reading your blog about her, though!
    Safe journeys and I hope you all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete